Official Site | Discord | Steam | Twitter | Reddit | Twitch | FB | YouTube | Wikia

Venting Thread (Don't break the rules tho, keep it civil and shit this isn't a place to be all like "hey this guy on the forums really pisses me off" it should be about other shit)

No, it isn’t. It is because the english-speaking countries decided to adopt the period as a decimal marker while literally the entire rest of europe used a comma.

And we weren’t colonized by Britain.

It’s pretty clear that, given the other uses for a period and a comma, the english way is better (for once)

$1,000,000.00

$1.000.000,00

The “.” as a delimiter is awkward and contrary to how it is used in non-numeric contexts. The top way looks much cleaner, and allows the comma to continue seperating things within a whole and the period to bring an air of finality to whatever precedes it.

It is cleaner.
It just isn’t gross or wrong.

Hyperbole pal

I’ll start to do it in the medieval way and no-one will stop me.
¯6969

It’s just very annoying that they are different to be honest.

At everything else we do

Farenheit sucks

Imperial units suck

MM/DD/YYYY sucks

It’s all garbage except for 1,000.00

KKona

Meanwhile, Britain comes to a standstill due to 4 inches of snow

Like c’mon

I know we’re massive complaining layabouts but this takes the cake

That’s actually sad NGL

and they said we could survive on our own

ha ha ha

Britain is a myth it’s not real continent

I think you’re thinking of Australia, which is an elaborate hoax

It’s Austria lol

No, Australia is America but upside down
It’s Canada which doesn’t exist

Coming super early for job interview or just on a normal time is nervewrecking. You’re either just stewing there for what feels like eternity or you stress so much about making it on time. (45 minutes early, because I thought snow might be a bitch)

Just pretend the interviewer is in his underwear

meanwhile in Britain:

shitshitshit there’s like 1 mm of snow abort abort quickly everybody CLOOOOOOOOOSEEEEE DOOOOOOWN