Taking a step back from v2.4 –
Now that Mac/Linux has been sunset (Apologies folks but it allowed this hotfix to happen):
We had some annoying hacker games, lately: This was introduced by a vulnerability caused by our 3rd-party server. Luckily, they worked hard to deliver us a quick patch while we can’t stop all hacks, we’ll try our best to secure them where we can.
- Vulnerability fixes.
- More vulnerability fixes.
- Removed Streamer Mode (this was broken for so long).
- Support for Halloween (Moon Festival) part 1 event - new Halloween/Anniversary (II) items can come next patch for pt2.
- Now using Unity 2019 (from 2018)
- Support for the new experimental Garbage Collection system with Unity 2019: Fast+Efficient.
Windows (64-bit) Only
New Runtime Requirement
^ Most should already have this. I also asked Steam to include this now. If you get stuck @ login, try this link manually. And no, I don’t use VS2012 3rd-party lib.
- We’re testing a downgraded version of our text engine to avoid the Unity 2019 bug we saw on the v2.4 test realm: Hopefully this goes away. The Unity dev for this is working on a fix as we speak, but I’m impatient
Coming soon to #test-realm in Discord!
We’ll get back to v2.4 shortly after.