I read about this game called Keyholder (which according to reviews is apparently not fun) that is kind of like Mafia except nobody ever dies. You can google it for more details but I was wondering if a hybrid of FoL and Keyholder would be fun?
It would be something like this:
There are no killing abilities. Nobody ever dies.
- Wins when any Blue Dragon player identifies all other Blue Dragon players.
- Each night, does some sort of non-killing (investigative, offensive, etc.) ability.
- Wins when any Unseen player identifies the exact class of every other player.
- Each night, learns the exact class of a single player.
- Wins when they identify the faction of every other player.
- Each night, learn the faction of a single player.
- Each day, must correctly identify the faction of a single player, who is then publicly revealed.
Thoughts? I don’t know if factions should have multiple chances at guesses, or whether guess limits should be shared among their faction, or whether factions should have to vote on guesses.
But default guesses would have to be chosen and updated for in case a faction loses by an incorrect guess, to determine which of the 2 remaining factions won according to which had the most correct guesses.
The entire point is to not have player elimination, so everyone gets to play until the end and has a significant chance of affecting the outcome (there is never an “unwinnable” situation). Also, games are fairly quick, since any single player can end it at any time.