Official Site | Discord | Steam | Twitter | Reddit | Twitch | FB | YouTube | Wikia

SFOL39: Triple Threat 3 - How not to scum (Game over. Blue Dragon and Usurper King Win)

I’m glad I was able to make BD confused with my ghost kills, it even got me confused when I was pinged about it in death chat

You outright claimed an unique class and I had my scout on you since d1, so since you were not converted nor likely starting scum then you were pretty much lock-BD to me.

but it doesnt show if cult converts him

It shows either conversions in this setup.

also marl outting as merc D1 boring

Polling time

This game featured Pretender and Usurper King for the first time. How good/engaging did you find having this class in the game?

0 voters

If you had to pick one, which of these was the biggest issue with class?

• Too BD sided
  • Investigative Power too precise
  • It’s Boring
  • Win condition too easy
  • Other (Specify)

0 voters

In regards to the Investigative Power, which of these is closet to your own feelings

• It was fine as it is
  • It should give a class type (EG: Killer) AND if they are Royal
  • It should give a class type (EG: Offensive) ONLY if they are Royal
  • It should only detect if the target is Royal or not.

0 voters

I was a lot stricter on Activity this game, going so far as to replace someone. Do you feel I was…

• Too Lax
  • Too Strict
  • Just Right

0 voters

I was stricter at enforcing game rules this game, with a number of unofficial and official warnings being given out. Was I…

• Too Harsh
  • Fair
  • Too Lax still

0 voters

Hoe much did you enjoy Triple Threat 3?

0 voters

Did the inclusion of neutrals…

• Enhance the game.
  • Detract from the game
  • Make no difference.

0 voters

Would you like to see neutrals again in TT4?

• Yes
  • No
  • Don’t Know

0 voters

pretender is too hard to win with

Explain

also strat to win as pretender
Stab king N1
Claim d2
Get voted by scum

Ez

That’s more a problem with the class inherently by design.

It requires a specific player to die, then you have to be either more confirmed / beg hard enough to get king.

After that you have to not die, which is surprisingly difficult.

But Bd can just lynch it out even if it does that :thinking:

its basicly alchemist but harder since you need to also become king

Alchemist is a lot more town sided as it can heal people though.

Pretender is also inherently BD sided because it provides better information than a Princess ever would and it is (is it in FoL?) immune to death once. It’s just a better Princess.

However I’m not saying that’s bad. There are pro-town neuts and pro-scum neuts and there’s always some counterbalance.

Hence why I prefer ‘Class type only if Royal’ option. Doesn’t make it better than Princess that way.

The problem with Pretender may be that outing yourself when king dies and begging for crown (hoping that scum votes you) seems to be the only play with a realistic chance to win. At least I saw it as the only way for me since the beginning and only hesitated a little when GK died too early. Not a very fun strategy, of course.

That does seem like the most logical thing to do, because you need to win the favour of the court later on, so a BD-aligned neutral would be in play.

They can, they effectively waste a day though, and if you outted as pretender later it’s the same thing

100% winrate continues

2/0/0