Pretender should pretend to be a royal person, not be claiming pretender n1. Imagine if you were in the middle ages and said to a king “Hi, I want to take your place, so I’m going to kill you”, that would not end well.
I think that the pretender acts too much like a real princess so there’s little reason to not claim pretender d1. Instead I propose a little change: since pretenders are usually not good at ruling, once they become king they will make questionable laws. Basically the pretender king should have a passive ability called “Bad at ruling”, where each bad faction would receive a small buff and would be notified of that by a message saying
The pretender king approved your questionable laws.
- Unseen: The mastermind is permanently not suspicious (unless the king dies)
- Cult: The cult leader will have infinite eradicates (?)
- Possessor: He’ll gain another jump
- Reaper: if he’s attacked he will not lose souls (?)
- Sorcerer: she can both attack and detonate OR she can both swap and move bombs
Why this change would be beneficial for the game:
- The pretender will be able to side with evil more easily
- She cannot claim pretender night one, but she will actually pretend to be a royal
Why this change would be bad for the game:
- It’s still unbalanced
- Princess claims would never become king
Any suggestions are appreciated