Official Site | Discord | Steam | Twitter | Reddit | Twitch | FB | YouTube | Wikia

Official In-Game Rules - Read First

Short URL = http://throneofli.es/gamerules

Modified 01/08/2018 (All changes are effective immediately)

The List of In-Game Rules (Refer to In-Game edition whenever possible)

This is an extension of our Global Rules, which is an extension of our Official Terms of Service. that also applies in-game, so be sure to read them.

Also note Steam’s Subscriber Agreement as well as Steam’s Code of Conduct that also stacks with our own.

These rules are just a reflection of the ingame rules section. If this post differs from the ingame section in any way, the ingame section takes preference and will be considered the “correct” version, no matter the difference.

1. Swearing is permitted. However, keep it classy – don’t overdo it and no targeting people.

2. No bullying, harassment, or hate speech.

3. No spamming.

4. Multiple accounts are prohibited.

5. No posting links, especially to streams in-game.

6. Do not imitate or impersonate staff or moderators.

7. No spoilers to recent movies, events, games, etc.

8. All rules apply to in-game/account names as well.

9. No Gamethrowing. Going against your goal in any case will be considered gamethrowing.

10. No drawing nudity or anything obscene in Deathnotes.

11. No cheating or (falsely) claiming to be cheating (e.g. in strategies). This includes exchanging info with other players through other apps.
    (Note: It’s not against the rules to talk while you’re playing, unless you’re giving away info about the game “metgaming”.)

12. Don’t leave the game early (including neutrals). It is okay to leave while dead.

13. Do not go AFK for extended periods of time while playing.

14. No stream sniping. This means you shall not watch a stream while you are in-game and use the info from the streamer’s screen for you or them to win. This form of metagaming is considered cheating.

15. Do not ask to be converted, even if attempting to bait.

16. Do not bus, start a vote against, your fellow Cult/Unseen members without first discussing this with them.

17. You can roleplay with a name, but you still have to communicate with the other players.

18. For now, you may only speak English in public games.

Questions?

Ask on Discord

Seeking privacy policy?

Check privacy policy here. Then Steam has additional privacy agreements.

Terms of Service

May be good to know what you accepted in our Terms of Service.

Don’t forget Steam’s Subscriber Agreement + Steam’s Code of Conduct.

[Warned? Banned? “I didn’t do it?” Look Here]

[Details on Rule 1, “discussing bussing”]

Okay to do:

First case:

– Night 4 –
Cult Leader (7): “Hey Invoker I need to bus you tomorrow to gain trust as Paladin claim.”
Invoker (12): “Alright”
– Day 5 –
Cult Leader (7): “Guys, 12 is Cult I checked them last night.”
Invoker (12): “I’m the Drunk, he’s lying!”
(the court proceeds to execute the Invoker, gaining the Cult Leader trust)

Second case:

– Night 4 –
Cult Leader (7): “Hey Invoker I need to bus you tomorrow to gain trust as Paladin claim.”
(the Invoker is afk and does not respond)
– Day 5 –
(the court proceeds to execute the Invoker, gaining the Cult Leader trust)

Third case

– Night 4 –
Invoker (12): “Wtf no, if you do i’m gamethrowing”
– Day 5 –
Invoker (12): “Screw you, 7 is the CL, get them next”
(Both the Invoker and CL are executed by the court)

The third case will result in the Invoker getting punished for gamethrowing (if reported).
The CL’s play is fair and conform with the rules.

Not okay to do:

– Night 4 –
Cult Leader (7): “Who do we try to convert this night? How about 8?”
Invoker (12): “I think 8 is a good choice, let’s try that.”
– Day 5 –
Cult Leader (7): “Guys, 12 is Cult I checked them last night!”
Invoker (12): “Wtf what are you doing?!”

Is it racism?

• Been warned/suspended before for this offense?
  • More than one person was offended by your comment?

It’s probably going to be classified as racism. Being subtle about it still classifies it the same. Racism rule breaking is final word – no “technically” or “I was joking” appeals will be accepted, outlined in the terms of service

Speaking different language
Wrongly banned?
Forum of Lies 9 (BD and Mercenary Victory!)
Appeal Request: 3-Day Ban
Forum of Lies 9 (BD and Mercenary Victory!)
Suspended? Warned? Check Here BEFORE Posting/Inquiring!

#Added Rule 8

Only speak English in public games. If you’re playing a private game with 16 people who all speak a non-english language then it is your decision, but you must speak English in public games until further notice.

#Modified General Rule 3

No posting links, especially to streams in-game.

Rules have been revamped

Thread was locked in order to be easier for people to check the edits in the rules.

#Modified Gameplay Rule 3

Don’t leave the game early. It is okay to leave while dead, as long as there is not a Physician that wants to reanimate you.

November 29th Edit:

“Bussing” has been clarified as Rule 1b, as it was a controversial topic among many players.

“Bussing” an AFK player has been clarified.

5th July 2018:

Thread has been revamped to reflect the ingame ruleset plus some notices have been added.
A third case for bussing has been added.

Ingame rules always beat the forum post when differences emerge.

7/9/2018

12 - Added “including neutrals” to leaving rules.

For clarification regarding gamethrowing (#9) in the example situation that an Alchemist chooses to side with BD or no one at all, as long as they are still trying to win, that’s not going against their objective – that’s just a perk of being neutral.

1st August 2018

11 - Added clarification regarding claiming to be cheating (when you are not). This is also not allowed, as it usually causes a flood of reports and other things.