Official Site | Discord | Steam | Twitter | Reddit | Twitch | FB | YouTube | Wikia

Forum Mafia/Forum Game Hub

It’s called the Dark Age of uPick for a reason
Any non uPick signups will be a welcome sign of a brighter future

Do something that isn’t part of the Pickpocalypse? You wish.

The future will be dark forever

Upick was a mistake

I’m not even saying that for the “X was a mistake” meme value.

Ever since I introduced Upick to the forums with SFoL1, there’s been a shitload of Upick games, perhaps because people think, “I want to host a game” but then realise that:
A. You kinda need a hook for your game unless it’s a Standard FoL.
And/Or B. Designing a well balanced game/gamemode for something with rules as concrete as Mafia is difficult and time consuming, I would know, I’ve done it many times.

And so it leads to an influx of people saying “It’s a Upick”, slapping on the “It might not be very well balanced because I only have a couple days to make 15 or so unique roles” disclaimer, and patting themselves on the back for a job well done.

There’s nothing inherently wrong or bad about the concept of Upick, nor the execution of past Upick games, but the problem is that there’s too many and people are probably getting sick of them by now.

If you want to tap into that untapped meme potential, Grand Idea has been sitting there for a year and had like one game.

But I do urge people to put in the time to make your own unique games, because when your little mind baby grows up into a full game that runs it’s course, it’s really satisfying.

/rant

100% agree.

This is why I instead just try and make open setup games with crazy role interactions. Like my mason multi-ball. I don’t need RNG to have a crazy and meme worthy experience.

Updated this

Petition: Make a forum mafia game without Third Party roles
it dosen’t have to have neutrals

Better Idea
A game of all third party roles

Call it Mario Party mafia

Fire Emblem Fates Mafia

• Featuring ITAs and unique mechanics and events
  • Every player will have a special ability.
  • Heavily flavored mod posts and rolecards

Coming This Summer!
Hosted by Icibalus and probably Marl!

Oh God. This is going to shit.

Whatever do you mean?
I’m just posting an advertisement for my future 34 player game

34 ?

Thirty Four, countem, 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

how to count

Take a number. Add 1. Repeat

how to add

Take a number line. Look at a number. Look at the number to the right of that one.